About the Foundation
History and Mission
- To ensure quality health care for all patients within Tift Regional Medical Center’s 12 county service area.
- To generate and secure funding for patient care services; such as scholarships, medical technology, community programs and financial aid for patient families.
- To create a solid, perpetual foundation for current and future generations.
Contributions in the early 1980’s from the John H. Dorminy Foundation and the Rankin Family brought Tift Regional Medical Center (TRMC) Foundation to life. Each family wanted to help people experiencing financial hardship due to medical expenses. Another goal, ensuring quality health care in the region for “all of time” was shared among the initial donors.
However, at that time, there was no formal avenue for donors to contribute and for those contributions to be distributed; as a result, the Tift General Hospital Foundation was formed. From this humble beginning, the present-day (501) (c) (3) Tift Regional Medical Center Foundation has grown to 3 million in assets with 100 members; members who, just like the Rankin and Dorminy families, want to help those in medical crisis and to ensure quality health care for the Tift Regional service area.
The assistance the Foundation gives is tangible and provides real-world impact. From programs helping with patients with medical bills, living expenses, medication, transportation to treatments to equipment purchases such as automatic external defibrillators and scholarships to ensure a well trained work force, the Foundation contributes to the betterment of health care in South Georgia every day.
If you are interested in being a part of the Foundation, please give us a call. Whether your interest is charitable giving from a tax or estate planning viewpoint, a corporate donation or in making a contribution to help families in their time of need, Tift Regional Medical Center Foundation is an organization worthy of your consideration.
Board of Directors
- Dr. John H. Dorminy III, Chairman
- Joe Pope, Vice-Chairman
- Mr. Jimmy Moore, Secretary/Treasurer
- Dr. Sammie Dixon, Past-Chairman
- Dr. William Hancock, Medical Director
- Mr. Ray Jensen
- Mr. John Prince
- Mr. William Richardson